Monday, March 9, 2009

Easiest dress ever!

Which I guess most people who sew knew a long time ago. It took me a while to get around to this one - a basic pillowcase dress.


My "trial run" was this nightgown, made from a really soft, vintage pillowcase and some gingham bias tape I had laying around. I encased elastic across the neckline (front and back) and used bias tape to finish off the arm holes and form the ties. I also secured the ties at the shoulders with a few hidden stitches so we wouldn't have to deal with any wardrobe malfunctions should they come untied.

Start to finish, this little project took all of about 30 minutes. My favorite kind.


So I made another one. I just kind of made mine up as I went along, but you'll see that there are several ways to get the job done.

Here are a few easy tutorials:

Try it out!

2 comments:

Larissa Holland said...

awww, I love the nightgown and the new one is also so sweet!

I like your version with the elastic and the arm hole bias.

I bet A looks adorable in it. I still have some pillowcases left over, I need to buckle down and make them some nightgowns and dresses. I don't know what I do with my time! ;-)

Unknown said...

I was thinking about this yesterday when we were shopping for the kids.

Glad I give you hope for the future. Although, it did take me 2 days to sew a rectangle. I did get it done, though. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails