Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Anthropologie pillow...of a sort

I love Anthropologie, but I mean, for real, I'm not likely to be dropping $65 for a pillow any time soon. So I cheat. This cute little pillow started as a reversible Anthropologie placemat that I opened up on one end, stuffed and stitched closed. Just that easy and for all of about 7 bucks.

If I get ambitious one of these days, I think I'll embellish it with some contrasting embroidery around the medallion designs. Or maybe stitch on an interesting fringe. Hmmm...

4 comments:

Larissa Holland said...

i love your placemat pillow idea. I have used it several times and because of you, I'm always on the lookout for cool placemats. so easy.

Unknown said...

neat! i'll have to keep an eye out for some placemats. i'm with you on the cost factor - even more so on the mess factor 4 little ones can make!

Sarah Bonn said...

I've seen the placemat as pillow thing done by sewing another fabric to a placemat, but have never seen one opened up and stuffed before. Great idea!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails